Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Renting Revolution: Chegg.com

So I was trying to sell my used textbooks at the end of this semester, and I got mad at amazon (where I usually sell them) because they took a fee of like 11 bucks out of my already very cheaply priced text book. So I tried out chegg.com, a website that buys back and rents out textbooks. I sold my astronomy textbook, a book that amazon wouldn't even list for me, for $35. Chegg paid for shipping and I just packed my book in a box, slapped the sticker on it, and put it in a UPS mailbox. They sent me a check within a week and a half. :) Yay! I love checks written to me. And now I'm going to rent my geology book for my summer class for $28 instead of purchasing it new for $178. Sweet deal. It sounds kind of fishy at first, but after I got my check I'm a believer. Buying textbooks is such a ripoff because most of the time theres a new edition out before you can sell your's. Plus I have a code, CC127417, where the buyer gets 5% off their books and $5 more on the buy-backs. And I get $5 on every order :) Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment