Hi!! I havent had much time to write because the internet at the school is so unreliable. Yesterday, all the electricity was down. I figured that every week they take the electricity off to save money, haha, and say "oh, no, it´s not working. so sorry." Anyways, so this whole being in another country has made me appreciate AC, internet access whenever I want it, and hot showers. It´s basically made me appreciate being a spoiled American.
So I stayed home this weekend (home meaning Heredia) instead of going to Mt. Arenal with my group. It is supposedly amazing but I just do not have the money for another weekend excursion. I have a lot of gifts to buy left and if I went, I probably wouldn´t have enough to eat for the rest of the week, lol. Food, along with every thing else, is very expensive here. The only thing that is cheap is their movie theatre, which is $5 a person or 2 for 1 on Wednesdays. That is a nice change from home.
Today I slept in until 8am when my mama tica made me breakfast. It is so nice to be made breakfast everyday!! She doesnt understand that at home I eat a bowl of cereal if I have time. Here, its omelettes and toasted bread and bacon and fresh fruit. And if youre me, frosted flakes too.
My family on Saturdays apparently goes and picks up reciclables to sell. They asked me if I wanted to come with them, and I declined as politely as I could. If not wanting to pick up trash on a rainy Saturday makes me a lazy American, then I am definitely a lazy American.
Yesterday was quite an adventure. After school, I headed back home to drop my backpack off before running some errands. Nobody was home, and I had never been back before everyone else, so there was a big deadlock on the door. I had the key so I unlocked it, but when I opened the next set of doors an alarm started going off. I didnt even know there was an alarm so I didnt know the code. So like an idiot, I randomly pressed a button labeled "f". F IS FOR FUEGO, which if you dont know, is fire. So an extremely loud alarm started sounding off from the garage where theres these giant speakers, and all the neighbors start freaking out. I was just like, oh crap. So I had to explain to them that there wasnt any fire, I am just a moron. So a neighbor called the fire station and told them there wasnt a fire, and my tico papa came and settled everything. A nice ending to a rather unexpected surprise.
So I only have a week left. I will definitely miss my tico family a ton, but I am not incredibly sad about leaving Costa Rica. There isnt much to do in Heredia and I was rather disoppointed with the school. If I return I will study at the national university. Im going to look into studying in other countries in South America also. And I have to go to Peru soon, because my teacher was from Peru and he said that the government might be closing Machu Picchu soon because of destructive tourists. If you are a destructive tourist, like you mark on ancient Incan temples and stuff, I am very angry at you right now. Please dont do that so everyone can enjoy the history.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment